Hi:

I want to try the DataGrid in 2.4 RC1 release. I took the CellTable example
and slightly modified it to use DataGrid. I could compile fine but nothing
gets displayed in the browser and no exceptions. I don't know why it is not
working.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

NR

public class DataGridExample implements EntryPoint {
  private static class Contact {
    private final String address;
    private final Date birthday;
    private final String name;

    public Contact(String name, Date birthday, String address) {
      this.name = name;
      this.birthday = birthday;
      this.address = address;

  private static final List<Contact> CONTACTS = Arrays.asList(
      new Contact("John", new Date(80, 4, 12), "123 Fourth Avenue"),
      new Contact("Joe", new Date(85, 2, 22), "22 Lance Ln"),
      new Contact("George", new Date(46, 6, 6), "1600 Pennsylvania
Avenue"));

  public void onModuleLoad() {
    DataGrid<Contact> table = new DataGrid<Contact>();
    table.setKeyboardSelectionPolicy(KeyboardSelectionPolicy.ENABLED);

    TextColumn<Contact> nameColumn = new TextColumn<Contact>() {
      @Override
      public String getValue(Contact object) {
        return object.name;
      }
    };
    table.addColumn(nameColumn, "Name");

    DateCell dateCell = new DateCell();
    Column<Contact, Date> dateColumn = new Column<Contact, Date>(dateCell) {
      @Override
      public Date getValue(Contact object) {
        return object.birthday;
      }
    };
    table.addColumn(dateColumn, "Birthday");

    TextColumn<Contact> addressColumn = new TextColumn<Contact>() {
      @Override
      public String getValue(Contact object) {
        return object.address;
      }
    };
    table.addColumn(addressColumn, "Address");

    final SingleSelectionModel<Contact> selectionModel = new
SingleSelectionModel<Contact>();
    table.setSelectionModel(selectionModel);
    selectionModel.addSelectionChangeHandler(new
SelectionChangeEvent.Handler() {
      public void onSelectionChange(SelectionChangeEvent event) {
        Contact selected = selectionModel.getSelectedObject();
        if (selected != null) {
          Window.alert("You selected: " + selected.name);
    });

    table.setRowCount(CONTACTS.size(), true);

    table.setRowData(0, CONTACTS);

    RootPanel.get().add(table);