I found this solution very handy. At least it suits my needs quite well. But
still there's an issue with login.jsp, which might also produce an
authentication interface for admin tools as an example. And the point is,
that while an ordinary user gets everything what he needs, some manager with
"sysadmin" role will also get this UI for login, which is not correct. And
it can't be avoided by standard means of tomcat due to the fact, that only
one login.jsp instance is allowed. And the DTD of web.xml doesn't support
mapping of url specific context with different login pages =( E.g. there
easily could be two "secure1" and "secure2" sections and they've got
different access constrictions.

Actually I spent a couple of hours to figure out if I can distinguish which
end-point url was requested within login.jsp code. And I wasn't successful
to obtain any mean to do that. Wounder why this option is not supported by
tomcat. Hence one probably may want to recompile tomcat with few additions
in security code to do one of the following:
1. Whether allow web.xml to have more than one <login-config> element and
make it parsed corresponding to this feature
or 2. To send an end-point href as a request header to login.jsp servlet and
it can be used to build several brunches.

At this point I ran out of ideas. One more thing to mention, is that we
still need login.jsp to render some handsome interface, because one may try
to access your secured part directly rather than to ask for Welcome page. It
became quite handy since browsers track a history and help user to choose a
url in a combobox below the textbox while he types a domen. That's why we
must whether redirect user to your sweet login module inside login.jsp, or
to use login.jsp itself as a destination login url. Last means that we
should copy/past the body of your Welcome.html and put the directory with
compiled GWT resources into the root.

Will be greatful, if you give me a solution to maintain url-dependent
context of login page within one tomcat webapp.