Dear beta's .

My question is quite simple but i really need someone's advice for
this.
The question : How can i build an business portal with a back-end and
front-endd of G.W.T.
The reason i like to use G.W.T is the many widgets and easy forms and
GUIshaping and ofcourse the AJAX conversion.
But that's just client-side. What can i do for my server? I want to
use spring to work with EJB and Hibernate for my datasets.
Actually im pretty beginner but I really want to work with this as it
is my purpose to develop an Enterprise application(website) wich
suffices my needs.
I got alot of forms in my portal for database entries and just let me
call it brief that i want to make my users input different formdata
and save them in DB and besides that offer some services to them. as
Time management, Resultgraphs automatic emails and ofcourse my
company's portfolio.

So thats for what i need a portal. I tried out Drupal. But php scripts
for me doesnt work. I hate all the functions and shortcuts. Just let
me code it myself.
Thus what can i do except of licensing a Smart GWT EE for this. Or
this is really gonne be the only way.

p.s i heard its pretty overkill to use JEE just for a website. But
what should i do then go to asp.net for their MVC.

Much thanks in advance.

PJAY