Hi.  Thank you for all your help.  I've gotten the error message to
disappear.

I recompiled, according to the instructions here:
- http://code.google.com/eclipse/docs/gwt_compile.html

I also tried updating my app engine and gwt versions.  Neither fixed
my problem directly, but they may have helped.

Unfortunately, my app still isn't working in production mode.  It
shows my background css and loads these files:
- $MY_PROJECT.html
- $MY_PROJECT.css
- $MY_PROJECT.nocache.js
- clean.css
- graphs.xml (a file I request in my onModuleLoad() method)

and then nothing happens.  My app is working in development mode, so
I'll need to debug it in production mode.

My questions based on googling:
- How do I set the -style compiler attribute in the eclipse plugin?
- How do I create alert messages or something similar?
- Is there a way to verify that I'm not using any of these?  I don't
think I am, but I also think my code should work and it doesn't.  So I
must be thinking something wrong.
  -
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCodingBasicsCompatibility.html

Thanks again for your help!