Hello all,

I just encountered a surprising problem. Given that the way to filter
by Date in JDO is simply:

myQuery.setFilter("someDateField > dateParam");
myQuery.declareParameters("java.util.Date dateParam");
myQuery.execute(new java.util.Date());

It always returns an Illegal argument exception. But if you change the
filter to "someDateField == dateParam", then the error goes away
(unfortunately, it doesnt return a match even if the time of day is
already identical down to the last second). There must be something
amiss.

I've already upgraded to AppEngine 1.5.3 and using GWT 2.4.0. Previous
versions still remain on my Eclipse and this project was already using
the current AppEngine and the preceding version of GWT when it was
created so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Anyways, I shifted to Objectify and it works so I am inclined to think
this is purely a JDO problem.

- Owen