Hello,

the
DefaultExceptionHandler<http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/user/src/com/google/gwt/requestfactory/server/DefaultExceptionHandler.java?spec=svn10016&r=9374>is
 not doing much. As you can see it only sends the message over the wire.
I think you should hook in your own implementation of an ExceptionHandler.

My ExceptionHandler, for example, sends the exception class over to the
client, too. I don't know how far you can go (sending the whole stacktrace
or sth.).

To use it you also need to extend RequestFactoryServlet and pass your own
ExceptionHandler implementation in the constructor.

public MyRequestFactoryServlet() {
        super(new MyExceptionHandler());
    }

and add this Servlet to your web.xml for sure!

Regards
Alex