Hi

As so many others before me, I went through the *LoginSecurityFAQ* and have
been reading about *passing the SESSIONID from the client to the server in
the payload for each and every request*. The message is that we cannot trust
the HttpSession server side because of potential CSRF attacks.

Question :

   - Do I have to *add an additional parameter SESSIONID to each and every
   service call* that I am launching from GWT to the server ?
   - Or perhaps I can attach the *SESSIONID as request attribute*, so my
   service interfaces stay clean of this extra parameter ?
   - I also noticed that in earlier versions of RfServlet there was a *init
   parameter UserInfo* but this seems to have *disappeared*. I never used it
   but I suspect this is some mechanism to address the above issues ? Is
   there some replacement mechanism ?

Old implementation (part of doPost) of RequestFactoryServlet :

        // Check that user is logged in before proceeding
        UserInformation userInfo =
UserInformation.getCurrentUserInformation(request.getHeader("pageurl"));
        if (!userInfo.isUserLoggedIn()) {
          response.setHeader("login", userInfo.getLoginUrl());
          response.sendError(HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED);
        } else {
          response.setHeader("userId", String.format("%s",
userInfo.getId()));
          response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_OK);
          RequestProcessor<String> requestProcessor = new
JsonRequestProcessor();
          requestProcessor.setOperationRegistry(new
ReflectionBasedOperationRegistry(
              new DefaultSecurityProvider()));
          requestProcessor.setExceptionHandler(exceptionHandler);
          response.setContentType(RequestFactory.JSON_CONTENT_TYPE_UTF8);

writer.print(requestProcessor.decodeAndInvokeRequest(jsonRequestString));
          writer.flush();
        }

Thx

Koen