Crud, seems I spoke too soon. The code worked the first time I tried
it but after changing something in a totally different area I get:

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError):
__static[524442].call is not a function
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:
237)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:
132)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:
561)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:
269)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:
91)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.autobean.gwt.client.impl.ClientPropertyContext
$Setter$.beanSetter(ClientPropertyContext.java)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.messages.InvocationMessageAutoBean.traverseProperties(InvocationMessageAutoBean.java:
91)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.autobean.shared.impl.AbstractAutoBean.traverse(AbstractAutoBean.java:
166)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.autobean.shared.impl.AbstractAutoBean.accept(AbstractAutoBean.java:
101)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.autobean.shared.impl.AutoBeanCodexImpl.doCoderFor(AutoBeanCodexImpl.java:
521)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.autobean.shared.impl.AbstractAutoBean.setProperty(AbstractAutoBean.java:
276)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.messages.InvocationMessageAutoBean.access
$8(InvocationMessageAutoBean.java:1)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.messages.InvocationMessageAutoBean
$2.setOperation(InvocationMessageAutoBean.java:73)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.messages.InvocationMessageAutoBean
$1.setOperation(InvocationMessageAutoBean.java:32)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.makePayloadInvocations(AbstractRequestContext.java:
990)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.access
$4(AbstractRequestContext.java:980)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$StandardPayloadDialect.makePayload(AbstractRequestContext.java:220)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.doFire(AbstractRequestContext.java:
944)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.fire(AbstractRequestContext.java:
468)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequest.fire(AbstractRequest.java:
54)
    at
com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequest.fire(AbstractRequest.java:
59)
    at
com.myproject.client.activity.ConfigDialogPresenter.edit(ConfigDialogPresenter.java:
97)

I've received a similar error code before when trying to create a List
Editor with UIBinder (but the stack trace was totally different). How
can I debug into this further to find out the problem as it is turning
up in the javascript code?