I've been looking around for a succinct answer on this one, but I have
been reading conflicting comments.  I want to use the RXTX package on
the Server-Side only to access my serial port (I realize there are
access restrictions on the client side anyway).  Some say that you can
just put the .jar into the war/blah/lib directory, others say that you
can reference from an external server like Tomcat (yeah, I don't know
what that means yet).  At present I am getting the  "is not supported
by Google App Engine's Java runtime environment" for my server side
implementation of the Serial Port Access service I am creating.  Can
anyone in the ether help a rookie to GWT?