ActivityManager uses (1..1) AcceptsOneWidget (interface). And
AcceptsOneWidget should be implemented by MyDisplayAreaWidget (which is in
most cases a SimplePanel or SimpleLayoutPanel). Then MyContainerWidget
embeds 1..n AcceptsOneWidget / MyDisplayAreaWidget.

So MyContainerWidget is the root that contains 1..n AcceptsOneWidget
implementations (= "display areas") and each AcceptsOneWidget is assigned to
its own ActivityManager (so you have more than one ActivityManager if you
have more than one "display area").

I think a while ago someone also posted a class diagram for activity/places.
Maybe you can find it via search. But I am not quite sure if it has been
posted in this group or in the Google Web Toolkit Contributors group.