In my opinion, your question is extremely relevant

> is code using DateTimeFormat not testable?

I found your thread here because I converted some code from
SimpleDateFormat to gwt DateTimeFormat. And this provoked the error
when running the tests

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.google.gwt.i18n.client.LocaleInfo.ensureDateTimeFormatInfo(LocaleInfo.java:
201)
        at
com.google.gwt.i18n.client.LocaleInfo.getDateTimeFormatInfo(LocaleInfo.java:
159)
        at
com.google.gwt.i18n.client.DateTimeFormat.getDefaultDateTimeFormatInfo(DateTimeFormat.java:
808)
        at
com.google.gwt.i18n.client.DateTimeFormat.getFormat(DateTimeFormat.java:
625)

What is the best practice for having testable code to convert strings
to Date? I am looking for code that works both in client and in JUnit
tests