You might want to take this up with the Tomcat user's list, but let me
offer some ideas.

First, I'll second what Alan says:  Read your Tomcat logs.

Second, where is "\docs"? Inside your $CATALINA_HOME/webapp/MyApp
directory? You can't rely on that directory being writable or even
being there. Tomcat unpacks your war by default, but it can be set not
to do so. Not unpacking is the default in some web servers. I suspect
that Tomcat is not permitting you to copy to a subdirectory inside
$CATALINA_HOME/webapp/MyApp for just that reason.

If the user account that launches Tomcat can read C:\Storage, there's
no reason you can't copy from there. I do this a lot. However I then
use servlets to write the file to back to my user (into an IFRAME or
new window). I don't copy it into a directory my webapp's tree and
tell the browser to access it.