I'm trying out some of the fun drag-and-drop stuff in GWT. My current
attempt is to drag a file into a richtextarea, but nothing seems to be
working correctly. It works fine if I use a FlowPanel or some other
GWT widget, but not a RichTextArea despite it have an addDropHandler
method.

Anyone have any experience with this?

My code in onModuleLoad:

DropHandler drop = new DropHandler() {

        @Override
        public void onDrop(DropEvent event) {
                event.preventDefault();

                String data = event.getData("text");
                GWT.log("text is "+data+" and there are
"+numFiles(event.getDataTransfer())+" files");
        }
};
RichTextArea rt = new RichTextArea();
rt.addDropHandler(drop); // never called even after drag-and-dropping
a file on the rt
RootPanel.get().add(rt);