It's not clear. gwt-maven-plugin user's guide
http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/project.html
has a screenshot eclipse package explorer of gwt.xml in src/main/
resources then under Multi-project setup a text diagram with gwt.xml
in src/main/java

Then
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideOrganizingProjects.html
shows
<module rename-to="com.foo.MyModule">
  <inherits name="com.foo.MyModule" />
  <set-property name="user.agent" value="ie6" />
  <set-property name="locale" value="default" />
</module>

Why inherit its own name?

I could build in Eclipse but Hudson couldn't find my module. What
finally worked was adding a module property like this
                        <!-- GWT Maven Plugin -->
                         <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>${gwt-maven-plugin.version}</version>
                                <configuration>
                                  <module>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxClient</module>

<runTarget>xxx.xxx.xxx/xxxclient.html</runTarget>

<hostedWebapp>${webappDirectory}</hostedWebapp>
                                </configuration>
Which I found after endless googling here
http://jgonian.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/efficient-gwt-development-swap-your-gwt-xml-with-maven/