Aidan,

Thanks.  I'm still really just learning this stuff, so I'll admit to
some cluelessness.

Your advice took care of the Exception being thrown.

However, I've noticed that the Button is ignoring the style.  Am I
using this technique incorrectly?  I also tried adding "! important"
to the style (specifically for background, at any rate), but no
difference.

Is there a simple, idiot-level tutorial of using CssResource and
ClientBundle?  Something about as small and simple as the code I'm (so
far unsuccessfully) writing?

Thanks.

- Joe