On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM, m...@grayout.de <m...@grayout.de> wrote:
> Hi hth,
>
> thanks for the response. Sorry I am not this familiar with file
> operations. Maybe we can start from scratch: I want to store an object
> on the server for later use. The Object should persist on the server
> even if the server is restarted. For several reasons, I do not like to
> store the Object in a database. Can anybody give me a hint how to
> achieve this best?

I guess the problem is that your question is not really related to GWT
as it's client side. It is not even that much related to servers as
it's quite Java specific.

But you can store / retrieve objects using an objectoutput stream.

This will get you started:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2744962/load-store-objects-in-file-in-java

I assume you are from Germany - there is a great German open source
book. Check out:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2744962/load-store-objects-in-file-in-java

But - for many reasons it is better storing objects into a database...

Best,

Raphael

inc: http://ars-machina.raphaelbauer.com
tech: http://ars-codia.raphaelbauer.com