Hello group,

I have a small application programmed with GWT beeing deployed to a jetty
as root.war (thus serving "/").
Assume I have a Servlet named "UserServlet" mapped to "/user/user"
providing a method "getString()". On the server side, this method is
implemented in the class "TestImpl".

Now I want to connect to the server not only via a GWT client but also via
an external XMLRPC client.
Using the code (attached as ClientCode.java - stripped down version, won't
compile), the jetty server logs this:
2011-11-16 17:08:12.379:WARN:root:Exception while dispatching incoming RPC
call
javax.servlet.ServletException: Content-Type was 'text/xml'. Expected
'text/x-gwt-rpc'.

May someone give me a hint, how I can connect to a GWT-created servlet via
a normal XMLRPC client?
I saw a project called xmlrpc-gwt, but that includes a lot of GWT related
stuff and I want to try to keep the XMLRPC client really simple.
Next, looking into the code of xmlrpc-gwt, it sends a header "text/xml",
too.

Looking forward to your answers,
Johannes