I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with performance in GWT and
how you solved it. Right now there is a project I'm working on where I get
some json and generate some views and it's maybe 100 items long and GWT
takes around 8 seconds to render it in Chrome. I'm concerned because I'm
going to be working on a bigger project and was planning on using GWT but
now I'm not so sure. On the bigger project it could end up taking 30
seconds or more just to render the views each time they open a new page.

I've read about using timers to try and keep the DOM from freezing, but it
prolongs the rendering period. Is there any way to improve performance in
GWT, or is this just how the framework is? I've done stuff in Sproutcore
before and didn't have any issues with performance, but I'm not sure it's
the right framework for the project I'll be doing.

Any thoughts would help. Thanks in advance!