You are right, I am a total dumb. My CellTable was inside a VerticalPanel.
Removing the VerticalPanel now my CellTable is displaying as I want.

About what you are saying of having at least one column without width, that
was my first attempt, also displaying well in FF but not in Chrome, but
again the trouble (now I know) was the VerticalPanel that was wrapping the
CellTable.

On one side, thanks a lot! On the other side, sorry me about my idiot doubt
:) Sometimes I get blinded looking for the solution in only one place and I
don't look other pieces of the puzzle.