In a few words: use EventBus to communicate between "big parts" of your app
(e.g. between activities, if you use Places&Activities); you don't need an
EventBus when dealing with widget events, simply use the widget's built-in
mechanism: addHandler/addDomHandler, fireEvent. Use EventBus for
higher-level (generally business-related) events: got there, done that,
etc. e.g. "we'll be going to the User #123, U OK?"
(PlaceChangeRequestEvent), "we've arrived at User #123" (PlaceChangeEvent),
"Saving User #123" (custom event of your own), "User #123 has changed"
(EntityProxyChange), "oops, looks like we've been signed out, session
expired?" (custom event of your own).