Hi Ed,

as per your suggestion, i replaced the hyperlink with button. i
disabled it in onclick() and enabled it in OnResponseReceived().

but still the problem persists.

one more thing

there is timer with in the OnResponseReceived() as shown below. which
executes every minutes and calls one more method.
is the timer culprit over here

public void onResponseReceived(Request request, Response response){

                                Window.alert("Request Builder
succeeded");
                                                                t = new Timer(){
                                                            public void run()