Hello,

I am in need of some advice about GWT authentication. Here's what I'm
planning to do:

1. Embed a GWT application into a site served by a PHP CMS like
Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress.
2. Let the CMS handle user registration and authentication.
3. After login, store the CMS Session ID in a javascript variable to
make it accessable to the GWT app.
4. Forward the SessionID as a parameter to each servlet call.
5. The servlet queries the CMS session table from the CMS database to
test if the supplied session is still valid and to determine the users
id.
6. The user id is used for subsequent database operations...

Sounds like a simple solution - at least it's the simplest approach to
implement some kind of PHP and GWT single sign on i can think of. Now
the question is, would this be a viable solution? And do you have any
security or other concerns?
Any advice is welcome,

thank you!