Sorry the code couldn't get indented when i posted earlier... Here is
the indented code :-

CellTable<String[]> cellTable = new CellTable<String[]>(10, tableRes);

// tableRes is a tableResources object to do custom styling on the
CellTable...

// I add some columns to the cellTable.... I have skipped that part of
code while posting here...The first column    // added is a
CheckboxCell Column and rest are all TextCell columns.

cellTable.addCellPreviewHandler(new
CellPreviewEvent.Handler<String[]>() {
     public void onCellPreview(CellPreviewEvent<String[]> event) {
        String type = event.getNativeEvent().getType();
        if (type.equals("mousedown")) {
           int col = event.getColumn();
           Column<String[], ?> column = (Column<String[], ?
>)cellTable.getColumn(col);
           Window.alert("CLICKED" + col + "/" +
event.getNativeEvent().getClientX() + "/" +
                        event.getNativeEvent().getClientY());
           int colOrigWidth =
Integer.parseInt(cellTable.getColumnWidth(column));
           System.out.println("Column " + col + " Original Width : " +
colOrigWidth);
});

Any reason as to why getColumnWidth() is throwing up that error and
how to solve it?