I would suggest adding a mouseMove Listener to the root panel of the
GWT application.
That way you get informed about every mouseMove - and the new
position.

Of there is no event within your time interval (2 seconds), the mouse
has obviously not moved and the position is the same as before.

Greetings
Stefan