On 19 January 2012 15:35, Paul Shannon <paul.thurmond.shan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Hilco, for offering to help out.
>
> (It may be that, working in true-beginner learning mode as I am, that
> using Lukas Laag's gwt-svg library as my test case, as the external
> module I wish to include in my simple gwt app,  is more complicating
> than need be.  If there is some classic gwt add-on, 3rd party external
> module that would be a better -- simpler -- test case, please suggest
> it).
>
> In svgApp/src/examples, where client/ server/ and shared/ directories
> are found, I have svgApp.gwt.xml which includes this line:
>
>  <!-- Other module inherits                                      -->
>  <inherits name='org.vectomatic.dom.svg'/>

My first guess is that you've got the name wrong. I think it's
"org.vectomatic.libgwtsvg".

> I put the gwt-svg jar in svgApp/war/WEB-INF/lib, which has this
> listing:
>
> gwt-servlet-deps.jar
> gwt-servlet.jar
> lib-gwt-svg-0.5.4.jar
>
> # which has these contents:
> # jar tvf lib-gwt-svg-0.5.4.jar | grep gwt.xml
> #   2141 Wed Nov 02 18:54:46 PDT 2011 org/vectomatic/libgwtsvg.gwt.xml
>
> And the error message is:
>
> 00:00:00.032  [TRACE] Loading inherited module
> 'org.vectomatic.dom.svg'
>  00:00:00.032  [ERROR] Unable to find 'org/vectomatic/dom/
> svg.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo,
>                        or maybe you forgot to include a classpath
> entry for source?
>
> Is  war/WEB-INF/lib the wrong place for me to put the client-side
> external module jar?

Not sure, I don't use the strange and unconventional setup that the
GWT docs seem to advocate. I use Maven and the gwt-maven-plugin. But
it's a lib directory so it may very well be the right one. Check the
docs, I'm sure this is documented.