I'm having an issue where the History.back() is intermittently not
working.

I'm using Places mapped to each activity in my application and
navigating forward works great.

For instance lets say we start out on "#search"->"#result".  If I
programmatically use History.back() as a button in my application to
return the the "#search" it occasionally does not load the #search
page even though the url bar reflects the action.

I've debugged the code and have tracked down where the problem is,
just not 100% why.  The PlaceHistoryHandler class listens for
ValueChangeEvent<String> from the browser which is fired when the
History.back() is called.
This in turn calls the PlaceHistoryHandler.handleHistoryToken(...)
method which calls the PlaceController.goTo(Place) method.  THe
PlaceController.goTo(Place) method is doing an if check if "where" ==
"place" and if so returns without firing a PlaceChangeEvent.  That if
check is causing the ActivityManager not to fire it's
onPlaceChangeEvent, which in turns makes it so that the previous
activity is not restarted for handling the "#search" place.

As I said sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  It's all based on
the if check for "where == "place" though as to the outcome.  I know
for a fact by staring at the url bar that there is a change.

So is this a bug that others have see or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Adam