Thanks Kev,

I think I'm getting the idea now, and should be at the point soon where I
NEED to fire an event - like you say containing a proper object instead of
just an id. I only found myself asking this question because I wanted to
add the ID to the history token, so it seemed logical to do away with the
event completely.

One other thing to ask though. Is it possible to have more than one
onValueChange() in your application? I tried adding one to one of my
presenters, set the presenter to implement ValueChangeHandler<String> but
nothing. Is the whole point that you can only have one?

Cheers,

Drew