I've recently started getting these errors when I GWT compile my project
for my ClientBundles (which have quite a lot of images).

[java]          Rebinding ...ClientBundle
[java]             Invoking generator
com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator
[java]                Preparing method taxiExternalImage
[java]                   [ERROR] An error occurred while trying to write
the image bundle.
[java] javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create output stream!
[java]     at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(ImageIO.java:1560)
[java] Caused by: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create cache file!
[java]     at
javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageOutputStream(ImageIO.java:397)
[java]     at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(ImageIO.java:1558)
[java]     ... 33 more
[java] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Too many open files
[java]     at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

I have tried compiling with localWorkers=1 and
-Dgwt.persistentunitcache=false but it doesn't help.
GWT is version 2.4. My complete flags for the GWT compile are:

-optimize 9 -strict -XdisableClassMetadata -XdisableCastChecking
-localWorkers 1

Now I can't compile my project anymore, these errors happened only
sometimes before but now all the time.
Any ideas on what I can try to solve this?