Today I had almost the same issue.. :-)

It seems that browsing the model of the CellTree is almost impossible
from the side of a SelectionModel or a DefaultSelectionEventManager. I
inherited from DefaultSelectionEventManager and tried to override
doMultiSelection(..) but from that method I could not access the tree
data as it is hidden by the HasData<T> interface. When debugging the
instance of this interface is a CellTreeNodeView$NodeCellList but is a
private inner class that cannot be accessed.. :-(

Regards,
JB