Dear Karim,

I'm very aware of jt400 library. I've done tons of things with that over a
couple of past years. One problem with it is that it does not support
everything you'd like to do with AS/400. The other is that it's performance
is dreadful. Trust me, I checked it, even had lectures about it during
conferences. I wouldn't even be going near RPG (since I'm java programmer)
if the performance of jt400 wasn't so bad.

The same is with JCo library on SAP. You need to run Java server in order
to use it. And it's efficiency is also dreadful. Not even mentioning that
if you look at its source code, you'll start tearing your hair out of your
head. They've put there one class with dozens of static methods. One
library with one class that is 1500 lines long. A nightmare.

One more fact against Java is that you need to have java server to run it
(WebSphere or Tomcat). And admins of AS400 don't like java since when they
hear java they think 'WebSphere' which is a total mess. But this is another
conversation I don't want to start here. The same is with SAP guys. When
they hear 'Java', they run away in anger.

Anyway going back to the original point, the whole idea is NOT TO USE JAVA
AT ALL IN RUNTIME. This is how you should look at the PDF I've sent.

Other than the above I really appreciate your answer :)