Hi all,

I'm writing Custom Validators (server side I mean) in order to validate an
entity before a persist() call (and only in this specific case).

Actually my final goal is to display localized messages when users want to
insert a duplicate entry in my CRUD Webapp.

To do this, i have tried to play with validation groups and validation
triggers. In Hibernate you can associate Custom ValidationGroup (Here
com.test.cis.server.validator.PreRemove
, com.test.cis.server.validator.PrePersist, com.test.cis.server.validator
.PreUpdate) and validation triggers.

*
*

*persistence.xml*

<property name="javax.persistence.validation.group.pre-remove" value="
com.test.cis.server.validator.PreRemove"/>

<property name="javax.persistence.validation.group.pre-persist" value=
"javax.validation.groups.Default,com.test.cis.server.validator.PrePersist"/>

<property name="javax.persistence.validation.group.pre-update" value=
"javax.validation.groups.Default,com.test.cis.server.validator.PreUpdate"/>

On my bean, I've put my custom annotation with
com.test.cis.server.validator.PrePersist.class
as validation group.

@MyConstraint(groups=com.test.cis.server.validator.PrePersist.class)

So my problem turns around the GWT validation with requestfactory : the
validation is done *before* (so the validation will not execute my custom
validator at this time ) the call to persist (which will trigger
myConstraint validator) so GWT can't handle Constraint Violation exception
that occurs during a method call(i.e during method execution). In this
case, the exception is catch by the standard ExceptionHandling mechanism
and every informations / Localized messages are lost.

javax.validation.ConstraintViolationException: validation failed for
classes [com.test.domain.entity.CatalogueEntity] during persist time for
groups [javax.validation.groups.Default,
com.test.cis.server.validator.PrePersist, ]

Have you ever been in this case ? Another solution ?