I am a beginner and try to find out if what I want to do is possible
with GWT and how one should do it:

1. load a font and render words (possibly rotated) on the screen
2. animate drawn objects like words, e.g. make them 'fly' from one
side of the screen to the other.
3. do transformation operations on 'shapes', like translation,
rotation, scale.

Maybe somebody knows GWT apps  which are capable of
some of the features I mentioned above?

What would you use to load fonts, render words on the screen, rotate
words and render them and do animations?

HTML5 Canvas? CSS animations?

This are only keywords I found using Google but I don't know how it
will look in action and what is possible or not. A few links to web
apps that are capable of the features I mentioned above (build on GWT
or possible to build with GWT) would be really helpful

Thanks,
Carsten