Hi,

when I run GWT apps in dev mode I see them in the browser (using the
dev mode plugin).

Can somebody give some details how this works and what exactly is
running in the browser? Obviously the Java code is not converted to JS
at that stage, right? Or are the JVM-class files somehow interpreted
in real-time into Javascript and the result somehow sent to the
browser? Maybe that is the reason it is so much slower then the same
app converted to JS?

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Carsten