What about a custom property for deferred binding in a .gwt.xml file and a
small javascript that fills its value based on window.devicePixelRatio.
Older iOS devices have a ratio of 1 while the retina devices have a ratio
of 2 because each pixel is doubled. So you could define your own ratio
ranges and map them to property values like "ldpi", "mdpi", "hdpi".

You could then create a Factory for your bundles and use deferred binding
to swap factories between devices based on their pixel density. I dont
think you can directly swap out ClientBundles as they are generated by GWT.

-- J.