Interesting idea, but the issue is that Oracle is suing Google over its use of Dalvik in Android - the basis of the case is that Dalvik breaks the licensing terms of a JDK. Although I totally agree that this may well spread FUD in the long term which will cost Oracle more that it makes out of the suit, the fact is I suspect that the main reason is still that GWT is moving to the maintenance part of its lifecycle