Okay, I have some questions:
1) Have you developed a web application?
2) What framework, pattern or technology you have used for
development? Spring or EJB3?
I ask these questions, because the development will be the same, using
GWT, JSF, Flex or pure html. So I advise you before making any crud
screen or screens that access data from a database, define how it will
service layer, since there is thousands of how to implement for both
and you will find people who will say that Spring is better and EBJ3
others that are better, but you aconcelho to do with which one you
identify.
Below is some links about GWT and EJB3 with the RF:

http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2010/09/gwt-ejb3-maven-jboss-51-integration.html
http://cleancodematters.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/tutorial-gwt-request-factory-part-i/

Any questions just post.
Thiago Borges Martins