Greetings,

Unless I misunderstand something, I just found out that GWT apps get
transmitted to, and treated by, the client as a single web page - albeit
with JavaScript code that clears sections and puts different content on it
to make it look like different pages are being loaded.  This is cool in
terms of minimizing client interaction delays, but raises serious concerns
on my part when attempting to build a very large application.

For example, if my application had 500 screens (or what appeared to the
user as 500 different screens), I would hate to think that, even though the
client only currently needs 20 screens, he/she is going to get all 500 up
front!  The initial load would take an unnecessarily long time too.

If I understand correctly, this model is great for small apps but could be
a very significant problem as an application grows considerably.

I would really appreciate feedback on this issue.  Has this been an issue
for others?  Is there a simple way to make pages load on an as-needed basis?

Thanks for the feedback!

Blake McBride