This topic has been discussed on
SO<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5079163/gwt-multi-module-vs-single-module-project>and
 other places.

I am familiar with the suggested GWT archatype, but we found it limiting
for large projects. Instead, we (40 devs) use the following Maven project
structure to break up our project:

   - MainProject.pom
      - Client-Interfaces.pom (or POJO's as you put it)
      - Client-GWT.pom (frontend GWT code, uses Interfaces)
      - Server.pom (backend Java code, uses Client-Interfaces)
      - Web.pom (Tomcat settings)

So just running the main pom will build the interfaces that are then used
by the server side code and the client side GWT. The *Web* project contains
Tomcat specific items and dictates how the *war* is packed up.
*Benefits: *You don't need to rebuild the whole project if changes are only
in your services. Great because services compile in a few seconds, GWT in
several minutes.

In your cases your DAO Hibernate code would go in the Server project.

Sincerely,
Joseph