I've decided to go with GWT as well.  It's mature and solid.  It
integrates really well javascript and there are many important related
projects (like PhoneGap integration).  Ray's comments regarding
ongoing efforts have been very helpful.  I'm particularly anxious to
try out Elemental.  I've been using GQuery (thanks Ray) to do more low-
level stuff with GWT and it works well, but it would be nice to get
even closer to the 'metal' and still retain the great tooling and type
safety.