You can add a MouseOverHandler to find out when the mouse becomes over a
widget, and then show a pop-up menu inside the handler. If each item can have a
different menu, then maybe you need the handler to ask the item for its menu.

If you're using widgets that don't have an addMouseOverHandler method, then use
addDomHandler(handler, MouseOverEvent.getType());

HTH
Paul