if a panel that implements
RequiresResize<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.4/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/RequiresResize.html>add
 a widget, the panel always cannot be visible.
is it a necessary that a panel implements
RequiresResize<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.4/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/RequiresResize.html>need
 called setSize() explicitly?

in the developer guide

> RequiresResize<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/latest/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/RequiresResize.html>provides
>  a single method,
> onResize()<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/latest/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/RequiresResize.html#onResize%28%29>,
>
> which is called by the widget's parent whenever the child's size has
> changed.

it is difficult to understand, it is called by the widget's parent, so it
should be called whenever the PARENT's size has changed, not whenever the
CHILD's size has changed.?

in the developer guide

> The panels described above are best used for defining your application's
> outer structure — that is, the parts that are the least "document-like".
> You should continue to use basic widgets and HTML structure for those parts
> for which the HTML/CSS layout algorithm works well.

this part is also difficult to understand, is it means the outer structure
should use layout panel, but then in inner part, we can still use some
fixed sized panel like horizontalPanel, flextable or something like
panel.setSize() (the size is fixed)?