I am trying to use GWT Web Workers (code based on the speedtracer Web
Worker implementation), but I am not able to make the worker module
participate in dev mode, requiring me to recompile the worker every time I
change code in it. Has anyone else worked on this code and dealt with this
problem?

When I create a separate module for my web worker and try to run my code, I
get the error "alert is not defined" because the permutation is not created
and the worker is trying to run alert("Module 'myworker' may need to be
(re)compiled"), which fails since workers don't have access to window.alert.

If I compile the worker module, I get a permutation created which is served
up correctly when my main module tries to load the worker at
../myworker/myworker.nocache.js. No errors, everything seems to work
correctly, but the myworker module is not participating in dev mode despite
my main module participating. So I can modify the code that calls the
workers in dev mode, but any changes to the workers requires a recompile of
the worker module.

Is there a way to make the worker work with the code server? The Worker
linker is based on a SelectionScriptLinker, but I'm not sure if it's the
linker that's refusing to generate a dev mode permutation, or the code
server, or dev mode, or what.

Has anyone dealt with this problem? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Derek