So let me reiterate if I got it. Before xsiframe one had to place the Host
Html and the GWT app and all resources used by the GWT app on the same
server/domain (a.k.a. origin).

With xsiframe you can place the GWT app and all its resources (including
the file I tried to GET above) on a server but place the Host HTML on a
different server, correct?

So what is possible with this setup?

Server1: just the Host HTML
Server2: the GWT app + all resources

a) can I somehow allow Server1 to somehow hand some initializing data to
the GWT app? Let's say the GWT app is some sort of viewer/canvas/renderer
and I can allow people to include it in their website and give some JSON to
the GWT app when it is started?

b) let's say Server1 with the Host HTML is on Appengine. Can the GWT app
from Server2 when run from the Host HTML from Server1 POST a JSON string to
a URL of the Server1 (which will ultimately be handled by appengine)?

Cheers,
Carsten