On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:05:41 AM UTC+2, Joseph Lust wrote:

> Have you had luck using the patched Emma version with the more recent
> releases of Emma? They no longer work for me in Indigo. Perhaps I've done
> it wrong?
>>

> I opened it as a
> ticket<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3513055&group_id=177969&atid=883354>to
>  have the GWT patch merged with the Emma trunk, but they responded with
> *won't fix*. I looked at the Google patch, but it does not seem relevant
> to the current codebase. I was hoping the Google folks could update this.

Apparently, the patch was about merging coverage data for a class across
different classloaders. JaCoCo seems to have no problem with it:
http://www.eclemma.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/implementation.html ("java class
identity" section).
Now, GWT has some specific knowledge of EMMA (in CompilingClassLoader) so
it'd have to be updated for JaCoCo.

BTW, the GWT build scripts run tests with EMMA, so it indeed is still
possible to use the provided patched JAR. You just can't use it in Eclipse,
so you won't benefit of the integration with the editor.

(disclaimer: I must say I have nearly 0 GWTTestCases, so I don't try to get
coverage data on them; for now we've simply excluded our view classes and
specific widgets from coverage reports)