My application uses a RemoteServiceServlet so the client can communicate
with the server. I believe this is very common. The actual behavior of
the service depends on a configuration file, and some other files and
databases on the server.

I'd like to test this in a unit test. To do that I need to create the
test conditions (create the files and databases) and tell the service
about those conditions.

But I see no way for my unit test code to tell the service about those
test conditions. I could add a setTestConfiguration() method as a
regular async service method, but that would then be present in regular
releases, offering a massive security hole.

I know that I can abstract some of my service code out into regular
classes and test them instead, and I have already, but I really want to
test the actual async service. For instance, that would test that
serialization is really working.

Does anyone have a better idea, please?

--
Murray Cumming