On 14/07/12 19:34, Brian Slesinsky wrote:

> On Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:42:26 AM UTC-7, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>

>     On Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:28:06 AM UTC+2, monkeyboy wrote:
>
>         Thanks Thomas for the clarification.
>         I now understand that I must have two servers running one for app
> engine and the other for the code. I managed to make them work, however now I
> have a problem with GWT-RPC serialization. The code server compiled draft
> version does not contain the required server policies with the appropriate
> name (the *.gwt.rpc files). There is the same number of policies in the
> original compiled version and in the draft version but they have different
> filenames. Now the server complains it can't find the appropriate
> serialization policies. How can I fix this?
>

>     That's a known issue, and you can search the group archives for some
> clever solutions by other GWT users.
>

> Well actually, I didn't know that Super Dev Mode has a problem with GWT-RPC
> (though it makes sense in retrospect that there might be a problem). I'm
> having trouble searching for the workarounds. Can someone collect this
> information and create an issue in the issue tracker?
Brian,

I believe Thomas is referring to my posts in this thread:
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-web-toolkit/ZugfWpwnXJs/discussion

The idea is that, since the code server provides http access to all the
compiled code including gwt.rpc files, you can modify your regular tomcat/jetty
server to get the gwt.rpc files from the code server.

Paul