Thomas,

The Groups page source is a fun read.

Question for you, is there a certain compiler flag that can be used to
inline the CSS/JS (bootstraping - I see the code in there for injecting
<script> tags) into the page like is done on Groups? The CSS adds to the
load time, but if it's small enough, must be a win in the long run.
Inlining the bootstrap script makes since given that it's a nocache file. I
was thinking this would be neat for the compiler/Maven plugin, but assume
it is a bespoke internal Google solution.

Another neat bit about the Groups pages are the extra headers added:

   1. x-content-type-options:
   nosniff
   2. x-frame-options:
   SAMEORIGIN
   3. x-ua-compatible:
   chrome=1
   4. x-xss-protection:
   1; mode=block

I'd never used these before, but I'll consider the security features now.
The user agent flag makes me think that there is no permutation
bootstrapping going on in the page after all, but rather server side,
however there is still the bootstrapping code in the page. Odd.

Sincerely,
Joseph