Thanks for the reply Jens.

The jsfiddle code does not solve my problem.
You removed the float:left in the contentPanel, so I no longer get an
auto-sizing FloatPanel.

Tell me more about setting the width and margins through GWT.

My question is: When, in the the timing of things, do I know that the
FlowPanels have been rendered, so that I
can fetch theirs widths, do my calculations, and set margins?

Cheers,
David

PS: I often see web sites that render their content. Then 500ms later, all
the margins are corrected. Might this
be what they are doing?