I'd like to develop unit tests for my GWT application, but I'm facing some
exotic problems:

1, The server side is in PHP so I'm using my own apache http server, not
the embedded jetty in GWT. I'd like to do the same for unit testing, but
-noserver option is not available for unit tests. I could bypass this
limitation with some "hacking", but there is an other issue:
2, Some of the server side code is generated dynamically during compile /
development mode run (with a custom linker). Since unit testing ignores the
-war parameter also, these files are being put to some "mystical place".

I'd like my PHP files to be processed by the external apache http server,
and the generated content to be put into a given folder.

BTW here is the process what I'd like to test:

1, GWT application makes request to generated PHP file
2, Generated PHP file calls functions from existing PHP files (which are
developed together with the unit tests)
3, Return values get serialized to JSON
4, JSON gets deserialized at client side (very complicated, this is what I
want to test)

Any ideas?