I spent all day looking for a solution to my problem and couldn't find anything
which I find surprising.  I have some flexibility on changing the code, but to
move away from using FlexTable would be painful so I would prefer not to have
to do that.

We had a solution that was IE specific that worked with GWT1.7 using
expressions within the CSS, but that doesn't seem to work anymore with GWT2+.

We only support IE for our internal users so an IE only solution would be fine,
however if you have a cross browser solution that would of course be better.

The problem in case the subject isn't enough is we need to be able to lock
columns on the left of the table so that when you scroll horizontally those
columns stay visible, just like Excel.  I need a ONE table solution, I know
there are two table solutions however I find it hard to believe there are no
CSS or one table solutions.

Thanks for you time.